Apple, sliced and cored – 8 rings
Maida/APF – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Dry yeast – 1/4 tsp
For Sugar Syrup:
Sugar – 1 cup
Saffron – ½ tsp
Rose water – 2 tsp
For Making the Sugar Syrup:
1) Make sugar syrup by dissolving the sugar in 1 cup of water and boil it for few minutes. The syrup should be of single thread consistency i.e. sticky consistency.
2) Add little milk to the syrup, this will remove the impurities present in the sugar. Switch off the flame and add rose water and saffron strands dissolve in water.
For making the Batter:
1) Add yeast and 2 pinches of sugar to ½ cup of luke warm water. Mix well.
2) Now add the flour and sugar to the yeast mixture and prepare the batter. The consistency of the batter should be thick. Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
Frying and the final process:
1) Dip the apple rings in the batter and deep fry in oil till they are slightly golden brown on both the sides. Remove and place it in a tissue paper.
2) Now heat the syrup till warm and remove from the flame add the apple rings. Soak for a minute and remove.
3) Garnish with nuts, cardamom powder and saffron.